VSCDA PO Box 68003, Grand Rapids MI 49516-8003
VVV Series Title Sponsor:
Gingerman: May 4 – May 5
Black Hawk: June 14-16
Beaver Run July 12-14
Waterford July 27 -28
Grattan: Aug 16-18
ELVF: Sept 6-8 Special FV 50th Birthday Party Celebration
Awards for the complete series will be based on the total of points earned from a participant’s best 4 events. A 5 point bonus will be
earned for attending all 6 events.
Series awards will be given for first through tenth place.
One point will be awarded for each lap completed in each Qualifying heat, Sprint race, and Final race, up to a maximum of 8 points,
per on-track session.
Note: Some events have 2 races for the Formula V’s. Should this occur as at ELVF in 2012 you may choose which race you would
like for finishing race points? IF you participate in both races you will earn an extra 2 points.
This means that a driver can earn a max of 24 ‘participation points’ per weekend. (26 points in the “special case” of two feature
races on Sunday). But you have to complete at least eight laps of each of the three ‘officially timed’ sessions. Many of the sessions
will be more than eights laps, but we will use the eight lap maximum to equalize all sessions, at all tracks. In the unlikely event that a
driver completes less than eight laps, they would still receive a point for each lap completed.
Note: Loss of Points: A driver will not receive points for any session in which they are involved in an ‘on track incident’ resulting in
“disciplinary action” determined by the VSCDA Drivers Committee.
FINAL RACE FINISHING POINTS
All other finishers 1
“GOOD GUY” POINTS
Points will be awarded to a race team for helping the VVV series
There are many other things that can be done to earn these points contact K. Newton for eligibility
- A maximum of 10 “Good Guy” points can be earned, per team (race entrant/pit crew) per season.
- Some examples of “Good Guy” activities:
- Host a group lunch/breakfast/reception at any VVV event (see ** below for responsibilities)
- Series T shirts/hats donations
- Donate a gift for an “event prize drawing”
- Secure an sponsor for “event prize drawing” gifts
- Manage the Web page
- Each race week end can have a maximum of 2 hosts.
- 10 points will be awarded to each team host.
- Events can be Breakfast, Lunch or Reception.
- Hosting includes providing: food, beverages, location and set up.
- Event date and time must be coordinated with Kathy Newton